We photograph either at the studio or at the park or beach, depending on what suits your requirements.
Clothing guide for your Photo-session
- What you bring to the photo-session depends entirely on your personality and what you would like to portray in your photos.
- Please bring a nice pair of underwear, and a dark skirt or trousers that fits below your belly.
- Other suggestions are to bring beautiful lingerie, high heels, necklaces, jewellery throws, and any props that you think would be fun.
- If none of this takes your fancy we shoot simple but beautiful nude, semi nude shots with our materials.
- Bring anything that is sentimental to you – hats or rugs that have been hand knitted by grandparents, toys or jewellery that have been in the family or yours when you were a child
- Hats and/or hoodie are great to frame your babies face
- A nappy cover or cute bloomers to cover nappies if you have them
- 2-3 changes clothes for baby – but please note we mostly shoot them naked under 6 months, so we may not use these, unless we photograph outside the studio.
- Towels and bibs to catch pee, dribble, vomit etc
- A black shirt or top for each parent
- Another change of clothes for each parent
- Please bring 2-3 changes of clothing for everybody – this is in case clothes get dirty, or as an alternative that the photographer can advise on the day.
- The main rule with which clothes to bring is that YOU like what you and your children are dressed in.
- Anything sentimental that you love your children in or their favourite outfit is great – whether it be an old tshirt and jeans they love to wear, or a dress they look absolutely gorgeous in.
- You are welcome to choose a simple casual look for your family or take the opportunity to dress your children in something that they look cute and gorgeous in. Some people like to take the opportunity to do both.
- We advise to avoid bold patterns/logos & stripes or bright colours – so your clothes don’t attract more attention than your faces and your photos don’t date over time.
- White is okay if for an individual portrait but it can be very stark on a bright day, so make it only one option. It’s difficult if only one person is wearing it in a group as they will stand out more then anyone else.
- Hats, necklaces, ponchos and accessories can look fantastic in photos, so please feel free to bring these along with you.
- Please also bring a snack for children (hide it until the end of the shoot) drink and one or two of your children’s favourite toys.
- Please bring with you at least 2-4 changes of clothes on the day, we can shoot up to 4 looks. Include pieces that you feel most comfortable and relaxed in, this will ultimately reflect in the photographs.
- Any of your favourite accessories. This may be a necklace or a favourite wrap/shawl.
- High heels, jackets, lingerie.
- Any props that you may want to bring with you that have meaning for you and/or your partner.
- Favorite music that we can play in the studio whilst you’re getting ready.
- Any references from books/magazines that you would like to recreate on the day with the photographer.
- Hair and make up can arranged for an additional fee. Please let us know when booking your appointment and we can organise this for you on the day.